At Risen Savior Soccer Camp, children from first to fourth grade will spend a day learning valuable soccer skills from an experienced coaching staff as well as important life lessons from God’s Word. Camp runs from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm.
- Dribbling: shielding, one-on-one skills, footwork, turning
- Passing: accuracy and technique, using both feet
- Shooting: power, accuracy and technique with both feet
- Heading: defensive clearing and scoring
- Receiving: proper technique using different parts of the body
- Goal Keeping: proper technique, positioning, strategy
- Conditioning: stretching, warm-up and cool-down exercises
- Teamwork: strategies, awareness, cooperation, group success
All camp sessions emphasize individual ball skills as well as fun games to put those skills into practice and develop teamwork. From fun introductory sessions for the youngest players to more intensive technical and tactical sessions for advanced players, all players are grouped by age and ability to ensure the best balance of fun, challenge, teamwork, and skill development.
A sample day is organized as follows:
- 8:45 - 8:55 Arrive at camp and sign in
- 8:55 - 9:10 Warm-up and introductions
- 9:15 - 9:45 Opening devotion
- 9:45 - 10:15 Small group skills work
- 10:15 - 10:30 Small group games
- 10:30 - 10:50 Snack time
- 10:50 - 11:20 Bible lesson
- 11:20 - 12:00 Scrimmage games
- 12:00-1:00 Lunch
- 1:00-1:15 Bible Lesson
- 1:15-2:00 Small group skills work
- 2:00-3:00 Scrimmage games
- 3:00 Sign out and pick-up
For current weather notices you can always check the weather box found on the top right of this webpage.
In the event of light rainy weather, we will continue to run the camp. The camp participants are invited to keep participating as long as they are comfortable doing so.
If the weather is uncooperative (all-day downpour or lighting, thunder, etc.) before the day’s camp even begins, we will cancel the day’s activities before children get dropped off.
This is where we’ll post camp status information or any weather closures.
Drop-off and Pick-up
In the morning, please drop off your child at the registration tent, which will be set up on the edge of the parking lot by the soccer field. You will need to complete a brief registration form. At that time, the registration form will be handed off to your child’s coach and your child will be escorted to their team area. Children will remain with their group leader throughout the course of the day until they are signed back out again.
Children should be dropped off between 8:45 and 8:55 am and picked up no later than 3:00 pm.
What to Bring
- Athletic shorts/shirt (camp t-shirts are supplied)
- Shin guards (if available)
- Soccer shoes (recommended but not required)
*There is no need to bring water bottles and snacks. Water and snacks will be provided throughout the day. We will make sure all campers are kept as hydrated and cool as possible.